Learn more about us and our environment
AI is one of the most important technologies of our time, but it is only valuable when applied in the real world – improving products, improving services and saving lives.
To make AI a reality, we help organizations determine how they can use and implement AI in their business. This requires three things: the right strategy, the right skills and the right software. We help in all three areas.
What makes us special?
In Europe, we are known for excellent quality and leading innovation. In the US, we are known as a tough player – during the RecSys Challenge in Boston, MA, we took second place in the recommendation systems competition (2016.recsyschallenge.com), where we barely lost to Alibaba. They used 300 servers for the calculation and we only needed one.
MIM Solutions was founded in 2015 by Piotr Sankowski and Piotr Wygocki.
The company is the first spin-off of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics of the University of Warsaw. The main genesis of the creation was the desire to transform the existing scientific excellence and knowledge about heuristic algorithms into practically used solutions. This assumption was successfully verified in cooperation with RTB House, because the solution we provided them contributed to the increase in their revenues by over 14%.
Currently, we still specialize in solutions for eCommerce companies and advanced methods of sales personalization and communication.
We do research and we manage development projects aimed at delivering a completely new quality and innovative solutions at a global level. MIM Solutions currently has the most experienced team of AI and ML specialists in Poland, who is able to support any organization in making artificial intelligence a reality.
The use of solutions based on AI and ML can significantly improve the operation of business and society and can provide people with better living conditions.
Our mission is to solve difficult ML problems. In our work, we focus mainly on creating original and inventive solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
MIM Solutions comes from the Algorithmic Group of the University of Warsaw (UW) led by Prof Piotr Sankowski. Our team includes high-class ML and Big Data experts.
prizes and awards
Piotr Sankowski, CTO and founder of MIM Solutions:
- NCN Award in the category of natural and technical sciences for the Best Polish Scientist (2018)
- Crystal Brussels Award Winner (2018)
- Laureate of Polish Intelligent Development Award 2019 in the “Scientist of the Future” category
- The first Polish scientist to receive three ERC (European Research Council) grants
- Member of the National Centre for Research and Development Council
- Award for the best poster at the 4th International ACM Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM ’11), 2011
- Scholarship “Ideas for Poland” 2010-2015 awarded by the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP)
- Laureate of 2005 Witold Lipski Prize for Young Computer Scientists in Poland
- “Stay with us” 2005 scholarship awarded by Polityka magazine
- 2005 Best Student Paper Award during 13th Annual European Algorithms Symposium ESA ’05
- 2004 Best Student Paper Award 45th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS ’04)
- 2004 Best Student Paper Award during 12th Annual European Algorithms Symposium ESA ’04
Piotr Wygocki, CEO and founder of MIM Solutions:
- Winner in the Kaggle Offline competition during KaggleDays Warsaw 2018
- 2021: National Centre for Research and Development scientific grant for an innovative project “Advanced methods of modeling virtual processes” (2020).
- 2021: National Center for Research and Development (NCBiR) grant for a research project entitled: “INTELLIGENT IMAGE DATA ANALYSIS SYSTEM IN INFERTILITY DIAGNOSTICS.”
- 2021: National Center for Research and Development (NCBiR) grant for a research project entitled: “INTELLIGENT ALGORITHMS SUPPORTING THE DOCTOR IN THE ULTRASOUND DIAGNOSIS OF THE WOMEN’S OVARIAN RESERVE.”
- 2018: Distinction from University of Warsaw Technology Transfer Centre (UOTT UW) for contribution to building the relationship between science and business.