Learn more about us and our environment
AI is one of the most important technologies of our time, but it is only valuable when applied in the real world – improving products, improving services and saving lives.
To make AI a reality, we work with organisations to determine how they can use and implement AI in their businesses. This requires three things: the right strategy, the right skills, and the right software. We help in all three areas.
What makes us special?
In Europe, we are known for our excellent quality and leading innovation. In the US, we are known as a tough player – during the RecSys Challenge in Boston, MA, we took second place in the recommendation systems competition (2016.recsyschallenge.com), where we narrowly lost to Alibaba. They used 300 servers for the calculation and we only needed one.
MIM Solutions was founded in 2015 by Piotr Sankowski and Piotr Wygocki.
The company is the first spin-off of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw. The main reason for creating MIM Solutions was the desire to transform existing scientific excellence and knowledge about heuristic algorithms into practical solutions.
This assumption was successfully verified in cooperation with RTB House. The solution we provided them contributed to an increase in the company’s revenue of over 14%. To this day, we specialise in solutions for eCommerce companies and advanced methods in the area of sales personalisation and communication.
At MIM Solutions, we are committed to combining rigorous scientific research with solutions to real-world problems. We provide organizations with the most efficient and, at the same time, the safest ML technology, remaining at the forefront of scientific research in this field. In particular, we build prediction and recommendation systems.
Moreover, MIM Solutions conducts ambitious research and development projects that aim at providing completely new quality and innovative solutions. In particular, we have focused on the development of MedFemTech. Currently, we work on EMBRYOAID and FOLLISCAN projects.
Currently, MIM Solutions has the most experienced team of AI and ML specialists in Poland able to support any organisation in the use of artificial intelligence.
The use of solutions based on AI and ML can significantly improve businesses and society and can provide people with better living conditions.
Our mission is to solve difficult ML problems. In our work, we focus mainly on creating original and inventive solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
MIM Solutions comes from the Algorithmic Group of the University of Warsaw (UW) led by Prof. Piotr Sankowski. Our team includes high-class ML and Big Data experts.
prizes and awards
Piotr Sankowski, CSO and founder of MIM Solutions:
- NCN Award in the category of natural and technical sciences for the Best Polish Scientist (2018)
- Crystal Brussels Award Winner (2018)
- Laureate of Polish Intelligent Development Award 2019 in the ‘Scientist of the Future’ category
- The first Polish scientist to receive three ERC (European Research Council) grants
- Member of the National Centre for Research and Development Council
- Award for the best poster at the 4th International ACM Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM ’11), 2011
- Scholarship ‘Ideas for Poland’ 2010–2015 awarded by the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP)
- Laureate of 2005 Witold Lipski Prize for Young Computer Scientists in Poland
- ‘Stay with us’ 2005 scholarship awarded by Polityka magazine
- 2005 Best Student Paper Award during the 13th Annual European Algorithms Symposium ESA ’05
- 2004 Best Student Paper Award 45th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS ’04)
- 2004 Best Student Paper Award during the 12th Annual European Algorithms Symposium ESA ’04
Piotr Wygocki, CEO and founder of MIM Solutions:
- Winner in the Kaggle Offline competition during KaggleDays Warsaw 2018
- 2021: National Centre for Research and Development scientific grant for an innovative project ‘Advanced methods of modelling virtual processes’ (2020).
- 2021: National Centre for Research and Development (NCBiR) grant for a research project entitled ‘INTELLIGENT IMAGE DATA ANALYSIS SYSTEM IN INFERTILITY DIAGNOSTICS.’
- 2021: National Centre for Research and Development (NCBiR) grant for a research project entitled ‘INTELLIGENT ALGORITHMS SUPPORTING THE DOCTOR IN THE ULTRASOUND DIAGNOSIS OF WOMEN’S OVARIAN RESERVE.’
- 2018: Distinction from the University of Warsaw Technology Transfer Centre (UOTT UW) for contribution to building the relationship between science and business.