Products & Services
AI and healthcare - FEMTECH
In March 2021, we started working on a research project aiming at building the analytical predictive system FOLLISCAN based on machine learning/deep learning algorithms to support the doctor in the ultrasound examination of the ovaries (assessment of antral follicles).
Project results will be used by fertility clinics, diagnostic centres and hospitals to address their well-identified needs, i.e. time and cost savingsm, through wider access to ultrasound in order to make informed clinical decisions. From the physician’s perspective, the project results respond to the need to perform ultrasound in a faster, easier, more objective and accurate manner.
The created system FOLLISCAN meets the above-mentioned needs through:
- equipping ultrasound apparatus with an AI-based navigation system (i.e. probe manipulation and anatomy detection);
- automation of the process of correct identification and counting of antral follicles;
- predicting the number of ova to be collected during the ‘pick up’ as a result of hormonal stimulation of the ovaries of the patient.
For the purposes of the project, a consortium was created consisting of MIM Solutions as the consortium leader and INVICTA as the consortium member.
The project is implemented under the Intelligent Development Operational Programme 2014-2020, measure 1.1 / sub-measure 1.1.1 / 6 / 1.1.1 / 2020.
From September 2021, the project is under the patronage of the Association for Infertility Treatment and Adoption Support OUR STORK.
Beneficiary: MIM Solutions sp.z o.o., Invicta sp.z o.o.
- Project value: PLN 10,582,396.36
- Co-financing value: PLN 7,822,624.76
- Project implementation period: 1 March 2021 – 1 December 2023
We are creating an application that will improve the diagnosis of female fertility and thus contribute to the use of more accurate methods of treatment and increase their effectiveness.